Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, after our last blog, our lives changed forever...our little Evey came!


After we ventured out for Thai food on Saturday night, my contractions got to be about 7 minutes apart and 30-40 seconds long. We left the restaurant at around 9pm so we could go home and get some rest (contractions are tiring!). As I was getting into bed another contraction came on. I looked at the clock, 10:37. At that moment, my water broke! I was so shocked. After scrambling around the house to get cleaned up and get everything together, we finally made it to the hospital by 11:30. At that point I was only 3 centimeters dilated, but the contractions were coming SO fast. Even the nurses and doctor were surprised at how quickly I was progressing. After only 3 hours of "real" labor I began pushing. Finally, at around 3:30 am on Mother's day, Evelyn was born! 7 pounds 3 ounces and 19.5 inches long


So, now we'd like to introduce you to our precious gift...



3 comments:

bobby said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful.

Lori said...

How exciting for you! She is just adorable. Sounds like you had a great delivery. Good for you. I can't wait to see her.

photoqueen said...

Can' wait to see her again! I'm sure she's changed so much. Hey when are we going to celebrate the big 30?